Beautiful Jewelry in Silver and Copper

Beautiful Jewelry in Silver and Copper
Beautiful Jewelry in Silver and Coper

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

2 Shops or Not

A while back I opened another etsy shop, but didn't get any sales so I closed it.

I am considering opening another etsy shop.
The reason? I think it is important to keep my jewelry and my paintings separate. I think with both in one shop it confuses people. Am I a metalsmith or a painter? Both?

It would seem a little less confusing if I opened a new shop for my prints, paintings, and other doo dads which I am planning on making for the upcoming holiday season.

Thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

4 comments:

  1. I vote 2. Even though it's a bit of a pain to go back and forth, it does give each shop cohesion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you mentioned that previously you had another etsy shop -- was this other shop for paintings? Do you know of any other Etsy artist who has two shops and can you compare notes with them? I vote 2 shops!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I say 2 shops ... I have gone to etsy looking for something specific find something I like click on the store and suddenly I looking at scads of unrelated things, but that's not necessarily a bad thing. I have a variety of creative talents (can I say that?) and if I ever find the courage and time to create enough stuff to open a store I would have 2. :) Good luck! PS. I LOVE your jewelry, very beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'd keep it separate. I have 3 Etsy shops currently: my jewelry shop, my vintage plus size clothing shop and my antique shop. I didn't want to dilute my branding and I'm happy with the results.

    ReplyDelete