Beautiful Jewelry in Silver and Copper

Beautiful Jewelry in Silver and Copper
Beautiful Jewelry in Silver and Coper

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Paintings and Stuff

A few weeks ago I started taking an online painting class by Juliette Crane, it is called How to Paint an Owl.
It is an amazing class, the techniques are kind of addicting. The class offers a weekly step by step process and with each step a background, then character, then environment emerges. It has been such a rewarding experience.

I also finished two online painting classes by Wyanne whose artwork just blows me away! The first class was Paint Free where you learn to just let go and paint and have fun while doing it. The other class I took by Wyanne was her Mixed Media with the Girls class. Where we were taught how to paint adorable girls.

So lately I have been painting more then I have been making jewelry. The knowledge from these three classes has opened up an entirely new world for me. Our AZ Room which was suppose to be turned into my Tea Room/Alice in Wonderland Room has been taken over by paint, pastels and canvases. I have been working on at least 2 paintings at a time. Working on them and then letting them sit for a day, then revisiting them to discover new parts which need paint or color.

Here are two I finished today.


Flamingos In Love.

They were so happy to find a romantic spot among the blooming flowers.


Lost Bunny Amongst the Blooms

Poor Bunny lost his way, and somehow ended up in a field of flowers, where the clouds were made of glitter and there wasn't a care in the world. He decided he wasn't lost at all.


Am I going to sell these paintings? Who knows. Are they good enough to sell? Who knows. What matters is that I am building my own style and techniques while having FUN!

Here are the links for those of you who are interested in any of the online classes these two women have.

Juliette Crane's How to Paint an Owl E Course

&

Wyanne's Online Classes. She offers something for everyone!!!




Owl Paintings in progress



Backgrounds painted and owls drawn in and colored.


Details added to the owls.

On Monday we learn about building environments for our owls. Ohhh so excited!

3 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the love! I really appreciate it. You are an incredible artist and jewelry maker. I'm so thrilled to know you! I love your new paintings! So adorable! Love, Wyanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. loving those owls! and so happy you're having fun with painting! i adore the idea of a tea room and might just need a special spot in my studio for that :)

    best wishes to you!!!
    -juliette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Wyanne and Juliette!

    ReplyDelete