Beautiful Jewelry in Silver and Copper

Beautiful Jewelry in Silver and Copper
Beautiful Jewelry in Silver and Coper

Monday, October 25, 2010

Bye Bye Scraps

I decided to take my 5 years worth of scrap silver and cash it in!
Ok not cash it in but credit it in.
What good is it doing sitting in a drawer? I use scraps occasionally, and decided it was just time to do something with it.

Though going through that little plastic drawer brought back memories.

The awful attempt at making my husband's wedding band was in there.

Scrapes from when I would babysit for my friend Mel and bring my saw, silver and bench pin to her house to get work done.

Lots of odds and ends of mistakes and melted pieces which occurred over the years.

Sad to see them go...

BUT Peter thinks I have anywhere from 4 to 8 ounces of silver ready to be melted down. With silver being so high right now, hopefully I get a good sum of credit at Rio Grande for it. Plus I figure this is a good way to recycle since taking silver out of our earth is not the best thing to do in this eco friendly world we now live in. So recycling it is a step in the right direction.

Bye Bye sweet silver and all the sweet memories you hold.

No comments:

Post a Comment