Beautiful Jewelry in Silver and Copper

Beautiful Jewelry in Silver and Copper
Beautiful Jewelry in Silver and Coper

Monday, May 24, 2010

New Work

I was able to get into my studio yesterday and made a few pieces.
I was unable to get into my studio today because I was too busy dealing with this ID Theft, and of course I had to watch the finale of LOST. For those who don't know, I do not get TV reception here in the middle of NoWhere Arizona! So I rely on the internet to watch TV, hence having to wait till today to watch the finale. It was OK. Not the huge epic ending I was hoping for. But I hope when we die we all get to see all the people who were important to us during our lifetime, before we walk into the bright light...or before we get reincarnated into a hummingbird ;)



I really adore this necklace. Hummingbird and flower silhouetted against an amethyst.







My mother always use to tell me to stop to smell the roses. Her father who was a Holocaust survivor use to tell her that when she was a child.

I know very little about my grandparents, and their lives before coming to the United States. I tried to research my Bubby's childhood once, and I banged head first into a dead end. The town she grew up in is gone what remains has been renamed. My mother does not like to talk about it because it makes her too sad.
My Bubby did record several hours of footage for Steven Spielberg's Holocaust Library thingy at USC, and I ordered copies on DVD for both my mother and myself. But can't bring myself to watch them.

No comments:

Post a Comment