Beautiful Jewelry in Silver and Copper

Beautiful Jewelry in Silver and Copper
Beautiful Jewelry in Silver and Coper

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Halloween!!!

I went to Safeway the other day and lo and behold they already had Halloween decorations out! I was so excited I started jumping up and down like a little girl! I ended up buying this adorable knick nack of a ghost popping out of a cupcake with glitter frosting!

Then when I got home I realized how close Halloween was! Only 2 months away! WOO HOO. Now I am not just saying that because it is the busiest time for the Ghost Tours but because it means that my vacation to Walt Disney World is almost here!

Of course my favorite ride at Disney World is the Haunted Mansion! So I started looking at photos of the Haunted Mansion on the internet and I found something very cool. A close up of the weather vane on top of the Haunted Mansion. It was so neat! I wanted one so badly! Of course I can not have it...unless someone out there knows of someone who makes replicas of them.




So I decided to search the internet some more. What did I find? The original blueprints for the weather vane. HOLY SMOKES!

So I took the original blue print design, sized it down, and made a mini version of the bat out of silver. I added some onyx and crystals the color of the Haunted Mansion cast member costumes and was so pleased with myself!



Available in my Etsy Shop

And since I was in a spooky mood, I decided to work on my Day of the Dead sugar skull necklace while in the studio. I etched this weeks ago but have not been inspired to do anything with it until today.



Available in my Etsy Shop

I have more Halloween designs up my sleeve. Oh how I love this time of year. Soon the weather will be changing and I will be able to bring out all the Halloween decorations!!

No comments:

Post a Comment