This is going to be the first tutorial in (I hope) many which will take us step by step into making a pair of cool copper hoop earrings. Of course this technique is the first you will need to learn for any jewelry design project using sheet metal.
When cutting metal with a jeweler's saw there are a few key points
1) Always draw directly on the metal your design, or draw it on a computer, then rubber cement it to the metal
2) Insert your saw blade into the saw properly
3) Rub a little of wax or soap onto your blade
4) Hold your saw at either 90 degree or 45 degree angle. Whichever works best for you
5) Slow and steady wins the race!
Next time...filing and sanding. Ohhhhhhhhhh fun!
So is anyone out there watching these??
- ► 2011 (48)
- ▼ August (10)