Beautiful Jewelry in Silver and Copper

Beautiful Jewelry in Silver and Copper
Beautiful Jewelry in Silver and Coper

Sunday, December 12, 2010

Inconveniences frustrate me!

Inconveniences frustrate me!

It is extremely rare that my husband and I get to do anything together on the weekends, due to my day (night) job. I work on the weekends, he works during the week. He is also in a play this year and today was the one night all week that he did not have a rehearsal. So we decided to go on an outing.

I canceled the Old Bisbee Ghost Tour for this evening because 1) it is our slowest time of the year 2) My husband and I wanted to go to Phoenix to pick out furniture at IKEA for the TV/Guest/Halloween room. Mind you this is a HUGE task. The drive is 3.5 hours long without stopping. We decided to bring the new puppy, Tootsie with us since she is way too young to be left home alone for that amount of time. Office calls were forwarded to our cell phone in case we needed to make reservations for a future tour. We were set to go!

We figured that while in Phoenix we might as well hit the bestest craft store in the world Hobby Lobby!!

We get to IKEA, put Tootsie in her snuggie and get our TV unit (mind you we don't have a TV yet :) I pick out a display case to showcase my jewelry at the Source Within and all was good.

We head over to Hobby Lobby less then a mile away. The parking lot was empty! I figured that the store moved. We pulled up next to the front door and there was a sign hanging on it stating 'We are closed on Sundays to allow our employees a day with their families and worship'.

Ok. Now you can't tell me that every employee at Hobby Lobby uses Sundays to spend with their families and to go to church. There is not a person in the world that can convince me of this.

I was upset, beyond upset! I had been looking forward to going to Hobby Lobby all week. I did a Hobby Lobby dance around the house! I can't go by myself, not with the puppy. This was my ONLY chance and it got ruined by employees having to worship? I am all for worshiping, but come on! This is just silly! Micheal's and Joanne's were busy busy busy, and obviously taking all the business away from HL since they were in an adjacent shopping center. And good for them!

Next time I get a chance to go to Phoenix I will have to make sure it fits in with HL's prayer schedule.

That is my rant, and it is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment