Beautiful Jewelry in Silver and Copper

Beautiful Jewelry in Silver and Copper
Beautiful Jewelry in Silver and Coper

Friday, November 12, 2010

Books and commitments to oneself

I bought this awesome book called Drawling Lab for Mixed Media Artists (yes I do more then just work with metal) by Carla Sonheim. Believe it or not I graduated from OTIS College of Art & Design and have a BFA in Toy Design. Though I have not touched a pencil to paper in a really long time.



I decided to purchase this book to help me commit to my sketchbook. There are 52 'creative exercises to make drawing fun'. One for each week of the year. I have the book, my sketchbook, and an array of pencils, pens, paints, and markers and I am ready for the challenge. After each exercise is completed I will scan in my sketch book and put the results on my blog. FUN!

In other news my etsy shop has been slllloooowwww!!! I thought everyone was getting into the giving spirit and starting to do holiday shopping. If they are, they are not doing it in my shop! POOP!

I made a few new pieces that I adore and I am hoping they find a new home for the holidays!

This is a Mexican Jelly Opal necklace. They look soooo yummy that you just want to eat them up!



A piece I made with a cab of Bisbee Blue Turquoise that I dug out of the ground myself! I took the rock to a local jeweler who turned it into a beautiful cab for me. Yummmm!



A fun Amethyst ring which I had been working on since summer. I kept putting it away and putting it away and finally was able to complete it. It is so bohemian!



And last but not least this fab Agate/Drusy ring with a hint of Moonstone :)



We are taking care of my goddog Riley for a few weeks while his mommy takes care of her mommy in the mid-west. It is hard having 3 dogs, but boy do they keep the bed warm at night! It is a good thing because it is getting cold here in Bisbee! The lows are in the 30's. Yikes! Time to break out the winter sweaters!

No comments:

Post a Comment